2nd December 2023
As the curtain falls on 2023, I find myself overwhelmed with gratitude for the incredible journey we've embarked upon together. Thank you from the depths of my heart for entrusting me with your personal growth and exploration. Walking beside you through the peaks and valleys has been an absolute honour, and your trust in me as your therapist fills my heart with warmth.
In the midst of the festive whirlwind, I wanted to share a few gentle reminders for your self-care during this often-challenging time:
1. Prioritise Rest: The holiday season can be a beautiful storm of joy and busyness. Amid the excitement, remember to prioritise rest. A well-rested mind is not only a gift to yourself but a reservoir of strength to navigate the holiday rush.
2. Set Clear Boundaries: In the spirit of giving, it's essential to remember that it's okay to say no. Setting clear boundaries on your time and energy is an act of self-love. Your well-being deserves a place at the top of your priority list.
3. Connecting with Loved Ones: While Christmas often revolve around joyous connections, I encourage you to reach out to your support networks during moments of distress. It's a reminder that seeking comfort is a strength, and reaching out can make the festive season brighter.
4. Reflect on Achievements: Take a moment to bask in the glow of your personal growth and achievements this year. Each positive step you've taken deserves celebration. Reflect on the resilience that resides within you.
5. Practice Mindfulness: Amidst the holiday chaos, find pockets of Mindfulness. Whether it's a quiet walk under the twinkling lights or a few minutes of deep breathing, these small moments can be a powerful anchor in the midst of the hustle.
6. Emergency Contacts: As we embrace the festive spirit, it's crucial to have emergency contacts within arm's reach. Remember that your well-being matters. If you need immediate assistance, don't hesitate to call 000. Lifeline (13 11 14) is there for emotional support.
I'll be taking a well-deserved break from 22nd December to 3rd January. While I'll be periodically checking emails and voicemails, if you need urgent support during this time, please reach out to the emergency services provided.
As we step into the blank canvas of 2024, envision it as a masterpiece waiting to unfold with new experiences and personal growth. May the upcoming year be adorned with positivity, resilience, and the triumphant achievement of your goals.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas filled with love, warmth, and cherished moments. Here's to a wonderful start to the New Year, brimming with exciting possibilities and opportunities for growth.
With heartfelt gratitude and warmest wishes
Luigi Romanelli MAASW